019: Leadership Lessons from a Legend!
What does it take to be an exceptional leader?
In today’s episode, Dave Murray talks with leadership expert Dr. Ken Blanchard as they discuss some key insights into servant leadership.
The Ken Blanchard Companies has conducted amazing research since 1979. They have created so many amazing programs focused on developing great leaders, which is built on their philosophy that everyone should have a great boss.
With over 40 years of leadership experience, Ken has authored and co-authored over 60 books. The bestselling book The One Minute Manager that came out in 1982 now ranks as one of the most successful management books ever published. In 2005, Ken was inducted into the Amazon Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 best-selling authors of all time.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- Why managers should prioritize the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives
- The importance of listening more than speaking
- How the number one customer of any manager is…their team members.
- The best “doers” in your organization rarely make the best managers – a thought that is counter-intuitive in many organizations today.
- What new leaders lack that they don’t learn in graduate school
- How do you bring out the best in the people around you?
- Common pitfalls when promoting leaders to grow their teams
- Profit is the applause you get for creating a motivating environment for your people.
- Leadership values you need in a time of crisis
Ken is speaking at the 2020 Customer Service Revolution – https://customerservicerevolution.com/speakers/