In times of adversity and change, we discover who we are and what we’re made of. As the saying goes, “Tough times don’t build character. They reveal it.”
How you lead right now says so much about you as a leader. You have to set the tone for your entire organization. You have to be that person to fight, overcome the odds, and be the one that people can look to and rely on.
You need to rise to the occasion and show confidence to your customers, your employees, your vendors, and your family – everyone! What you think about, you bring about. What you say, you start believing yourself. You’ve got to be there for others.
In today’s episode, I talk about how to lead in a crisis.
We need to appreciate the anxiety and stress all our employees, fellow leaders, vendors, customers, and neighbors are all having during these times. Morale is bound to be low and so we all need to do our best to reduce that fear and anxiety.
My favorite word? Encourage. It means to put courage in others that they feel they can do anything. And this is what I hope for you to learn from this episode.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The 4 primary areas of leading in crisis
- How to be a great leader today
- Building and owning the relationships by knowing your customers’ FORD
- How to put customer experience and employee experience on center stage
- Why recession is a horrible thing to waste
- The importance of consuming positive information
YouTube: DiJulius Group
TEDx Talk: Meet as Strangers Leave as Friends