In this episode, John DiJulius talks with Tom Ryan, NCAA Championship head coach of the Ohio State University wrestling team.
As an All-American college wrestler, Tom embraced his fair share of “chosen suffering.” It wasn’t until the sudden death of their five-year-old son, Teague, that Tom and his wife encountered “unchosen suffering” in a way they never wished. In this fire, they found their faith and a process to push through the pain.
Tom’s new book, Chosen Suffering: Becoming Elite In Life And Leadership, is evidence of his passion to transform ordinary lives into elite champions – whether in sports, business, or life in general.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- About Tom’s new book, Chosen Suffering: Becoming Elite In Life And Leadership
- The Collision of Two Sufferings: chosen and unchosen suffering
- The 3 Success Pillars
- The connection between love and chosen suffering
- How people can work their way out of being in a slump and change direction
- What he means by ‘positive infinite crashes any pity party’
- How Tom has overcome his personal unchosen suffering
- How to prepare for an unchosen suffering
- What Tom will be presenting at the 2020 Customer Service Revolution
Tom’s new book: Chosen Suffering: Becoming Elite In Life And Leadership: https://www.amazon.com/Chosen-Suffering-Becoming-Elite-Leadership/dp/1640859187/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2FRGNGNBM88M6&dchild=1&keywords=chosen+suffering+tom+ryan&qid=1599836834&sprefix=chosen+suffering%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1
Tom’s website https://www.chosensuffering.com/
2020 Customer Service Revolution https://customerservicerevolution.com/