The DiJulius Group’s Chief Revolution Officer and consultant John DiJulius interviews Stan Slap, renowned thought leader in company culture. Stan’s books on business culture have landed on the bestseller list of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and USA Today. He is the CEO of the international consulting company called, by a remarkable coincidence, SLAP. Stan recently wrote an incredible white paper called Tough Times: Tougher Teams.
What you will learn:
- Who cares why things suck? What’s important is what you do about it
- It is the job of leadership to bring good answers to bad circumstances. “Whining” is not a strategy. “Victim” is not a job description. “Everyone else is in trouble, too” is not a crutch for management.
- What ‘culture’ really means
- The three critical cultures you need to be examining right now as a leader
- A leader’s emotional commitment is what solves problems that are unsolvable, creates energy when all of the energy has been expended, and ignites emotional commitment in others, including your employee culture.
- When a culture is allowed to blame external circumstances for internal performance, aggressive and innovative responses depart, and a culture marked by victimization, apathy, and detachment takes its place.
- You don’t want your culture to take work home; you want it to bring your company home.
- In times of crisis, customers will often have shifted from buying what they want to only buying what they need. Is your experience, what you sell, something they need?
- Be human first and a manager second.
Slap’s website – https://slapcompany.com/
Download Stan Slap’s white paper Tough Times: Tougher Teams – https://slapcompany.com/t4/#start
Contact Stan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Books by Stan Slap – https://slapcompany.com/the-books/
If you enjoyed this episode, we’ve created a PDF that has all of the key information for you from the episode. Just fill in your information below to download it.