As a college freshman, Marcus Engel was blinded and nearly killed after being struck by a drunk driver. This incident changed the trajectory of his life forever.
After recovering from the accident, Marcus decided to pursue Narrative Medicine. His training and personal outlook on life gave him an amazing message to share with the world. Today, he is a sought-after motivational speaker and author who teaches his audiences the art of compassion and being present.
In this episode, Chief Revolution Officer John DiJulius of the DiJulius Group talks with Marcus. They discuss his inspirational story, how he made the most of his tragic circumstances, and what he is doing to encourage thousands of people today.
You Will Learn:
- How Marcus went through two years of rehab, over 350 hours of reconstructive facial surgery, and adaptation through a multitude of life changes.
- Why he decided to continue his education after the accident.
- What Narrative Medicine is.
- Why Marcus believes life doesn’t happen to you, it happens for you.
- What a compassion expert is.
- What the two most compassionate words any human being can hear are.
- What the greatest gift we can give to another person is.
- What you will learn from Marcus’ presentation at the 2022 Customer Service Revolution conference.