On this episode of The Customer Service Revolution, Chief Revolution Officer John DiJulius of The DiJulius Group talks with Jason Reid. Jason is a serial entrepreneur, author, ironman athlete, and, most of all, a great family man. In 2018, life couldn’t get much better until he and his wife received the devasting news that their youngest son Ryan had taken his own life. Today, Jay is on a mission to reach every parent and every family about the conversations they need to have with their kids.
Jason Reid is the founder of ChooseLife.org, a leading youth mental health advocate, and a father who lost his teenage son to suicide. That became the catalyst for releasing his documentary, “Tell My Story,” in 2021. He’s on a quest to prevent teen suicide and help parents take ownership of their kids’ mental health.
This interview was one of the hardest John has conducted, but it could be the most important as Jason shares information about teen depression, suicide, and how you can help prevent it.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- Depression in children and teenagers is at an all-time high
- Suicide was the 2nd leading cause of death in kids ages 10-14
- Teen depression isn’t prejudiced
- Mental health is an unknown — and to help our kids, we need more support than Google can provide
- What signs we should be looking for if a child is struggling with depression
- The questions we should be asking
- How you can help your teens struggling with depression