106: World Class Leadership – Coaching Culture
We all have different answers to the question, “What is company culture?” Some say it’s values. Others say it’s purpose. However you decide to define it, company culture is the group’s collective personality, encompassing their behavior, knowledge, beliefs, and habits.
Great coaches motivate teams and maximize their performance – both on the field and in the workplace. Learn how to cultivate a coaching culture in your organization by changing the leadership playbook to one that empowers and engages coaches and their teams.
Brittni Walker is a Certified Customer eXperience Executive and is the Director of Customer and Employee Experience at Advance Financial, where she’s worked for the last ten years. She began her tenure as a Customer and Employee Affairs Coordinator and quickly advanced to the management level. In 2018, she took her skills to the next level by earning her Customer eXperience Certification from the Customer eXperience Executive Academy. She is also a Customer Experience Consultant for The DiJulius Group.
This episode is from a presentation presented by Brittni at the Customer Service Revolution Conference in Cleveland on November 7th, 2022. She explains why leadership means having a coaching culture. It all begins with building rapport with your team. You’ll hear the four main takeaways she wants you to remember from this session, along with some recommended reading.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- How to define company culture
- Why 47% of employees leave companies because of engagement and culture
- Why culture reflects leadership
- Losing an employee costs a company about 33% of the employee’s salary
- Why company surveys may do more harm than good
- Energy givers are coaches, while energy suckers are bad managers
- Why you should be cheering for your team members and helping them achieve their goals
- How building rapport with your team creates trust and engagement
- Why listening is the key to communication
- Asking questions help shape conversations to create an outcome
- Guidance can lead your employees to success
- Brittni’s recommended reading
How’s the Culture in Your Kingdom? Book
The Customer Service Revolution Podcast
The 2023 Customer Service Revolution Conference
Customer Experience Executive Academy