You’re missing out if your company isn’t creating an experience for its female shoppers. Female shoppers influence 86% of all household spending. Worldwide, they control and influence $43 trillion of spending.
Companies often neglect their female demographic, catering to their male shoppers’ more utilitarian needs and desires. Making minor adjustments could attract more female shoppers and add more revenue to your bottom line.
In this episode of The Customer Service Revolution, John welcomes best-selling author and highly-sought speaker Katie Mares to the show. Katie has inspired audiences around the world to think differently about the female consumer, customer experience, and leadership. She’s worked with globally-recognized brands, including Honda, Volvo, Celebrity Cruises, and Canada Post. Her new book, CustomHer Experience, focuses on improving the branding and customer experience for female consumers.
You’ll hear how you can cater your sales experience to the male and female demographics, why relationships matter to female buyers, and how doing an audit of your customer experience can show you where your female customers are being left out of the equation.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- Why Katie wrote her book CustomHer Experience and how companies are missing the mark when it comes to female consumers
- The differences between male and female customers and how to cater the sales experience to each demographic
- The importance of brand relationships for female shoppers and the role of the limbic brain in the shopping experience
- How an audit of your customer experience can show you where your female customers are being left out of the equation and where adjustments need to be made
- The role of consumer personas in marketing and the hedonic experience
- The different stages of life female shoppers experience, how it influences their discretionary income, and why they influence three or four generations of spending
Find the book on Amazon
Kate on LinkedIn
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.