Have you ever wondered how remote work is impacting our mental health? Or perhaps you’re curious about how to redefine success in our increasingly digital world?
This episode of The Customer Service Revolution is for you. We’re diving into the challenging realm of loneliness and the effects of remote work on our well-being. From the debate over the return to office to the professional isolation experienced by remote workers, we canvas the controversial and complex dynamics of our changing work landscape.
Joining John for this conversation is bestselling author and customer experience expert Joey Coleman. He shares thought-provoking insights from his book Never Lose an Employee Again, providing a robust framework for companies to enhance employee engagement and reduce turnover. We also delve into the eight phases of the employee experience, emphasizing the pivotal role of the first 100 days in a relationship.
In the latter part of the episode, we spotlight the strategies to boost employee engagement. Using the “Jam” and “Verbat” models as benchmarks, we explore how organizations can create a captivating atmosphere for new recruits. And in an interesting twist, we redefine the notion of a billionaire. Corporate futurist Pete Dull suggests that a billionaire positively impacts a billion people’s lives. Let’s challenge ourselves to become billionaires in this revolutionary sense.
Tune in for this compelling episode – it’s more than just a conversation; it’s a call to action for positive change in our work culture.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- The impact of loneliness and professional isolation in remote work and the role of customer service in addressing these issues
- Bestselling author Joey Coleman’s insights from his book Never Lose an Employee Again, which provides strategies for companies to reduce turnover and increase employee engagement
- The eight phases of the employee experience and the critical importance of the first 100 days in any relationship
- Strategies to enhance employee engagement and create a welcoming atmosphere for new recruits, taking inspiration from innovative models of “Jam” and “Verbat” organizations
- A redefinition of a billionaire as someone who positively impacts a billion lives
- Exploring the different stages of the employee experience and the importance of a robust onboarding process for long-term engagement and retention
- The significant role of customer service in the evolving work landscape and the potential benefits and challenges of remote work
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.