From his time in the military to the courtroom, Alex Gertsburg has navigated a path that’s as inspiring as instructive.
In this episode of The Customer Service Revolution, Alex, the managing partner of Gertsburg Licata Law Firm, joins John to share his journey and how it’s shaped his approach to leadership and customer service. His transition from the discipline of military life to the rigor of law practice underscores the value of integrity and presentation skills, not just in the courtroom but in every interaction with clients and colleagues. Their conversation reveals that the secret to standing out in professional services isn’t just about being the best; it’s about making your clients feel like they’re the most important part of your day.
Negotiation isn’t just an exchange of terms; it’s an art form that hinges on empathetic listening and understanding clients’ true motivations. Alex walks us through the nuances of reaching beyond the surface and fostering connections that lead to meaningful outcomes for all parties involved. Listening is an essential skill often overlooked in today’s fast-paced business world. And it’s not just about legal battles; John and Alex’s discussion on Alex’s book “The Lawsuit-Free Company” provides action items for business owners to proactively safeguard their operations through a preventive legal strategy, ultimately saving time, stress, and resources.
In the final segments of the discussion, John and Alex explore the power of personal development practices like meditation, annual sabbaticals, and going the extra mile for customers. Alex’s story of orchestrating a manicure for a client when the schedule was packed is a testament to our ethos—creating outstanding moments for every customer every time. It’s not just about the service provided, but the experience remembered.
Tune in for an episode filled with stories and strategies that promise to revolutionize how you approach customer service and professional growth.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- Alex Gertsburg’s military background that instilled discipline and leadership
- The value of making clients feel prioritized in the legal profession
- The role of presentation skills in enhancing leadership
- Empathetic listening in negotiations and understanding clients’ underlying motivations
- “The Lawsuit-Free Company” book and the proactive strategies it offers to safeguard businesses against litigation
- AI’s impact on the legal field, promoting efficiency, and the personal benefits of meditation and annual sabbaticals for reflection and goal-setting
- An anecdote from Alex of exceptional customer service by arranging a client’s manicure
- The concept of “day maker dopamine” and its effects on employee satisfaction and customer experience
- Alex’s book The Lawsuit-Free Company
- Connect with Alex on LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to Alex’s blog
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.