095: Reimagining the American Dream
Even with all of the newfound technological advancements, the modern-day American workplace has left much to be desired. With many leaving the workforce for numerous reasons and those left feeling overstressed and overworked, it has become a challenge to see the light at the end of the tunnel for many workers and companies alike. It’s clear that there needs to be a change. But where do we start?
Today’s guest, Jen Gresham, is a scientist, entrepreneur, military veteran and keynote speaker. She has served as a high performance coach and business strategist for nearly a decade helping hundreds of people around the world find more fulfillment and financial success in their work. She has founded Work for Humanity, a nonprofit aimed at helping small business owners and workers thrive together, bringing innovation to workforce development and leadership training.
Jen has brought her passion for social justice and her innate sense of curiosity to the table to help look for solutions for these modern workplace woes. She understands that in order to improve people’s lives, we have to improve their experience of work, and bettering the relationship between workers and the companies they work for is the first step. In my interview with Jen, we will learn about her multifaceted journey through various career paths and the takeaways from these experiences that have shaped her understanding of the American workforce and what we can do to improve.
Here are just a few takeaways:
- The power of curiosity
- How Jen defines leadership after 18 years in the Air Force.
- Why we need to redesign entry level jobs in America
- How to convince business owners to build an employee powered organization
- Work for Humanity
- Waitlist for small businesses who want to join our next cohort
- Newsletter signup where we talk about doing the best work of our lives, together
- Or if people want to follow us on LinkedIn, where we post our newsletter as well
- Work for Humanity donation page
- The 2022 Customer Service Revolution Conference
- Customer Experience Executive Academy
- Customer Experience Executive Online Academy