The world’s most valuable car company spends nothing, zero dollars, zilch on advertising. In comparison, GM spends over 3 billion, Ford spends over 2 billion, and Fiat, Toyota, and Honda all have over a 1 billion advertising budget.
In fact, Elon Musk hates advertising. Musk has always said Tesla will not advertise or pay for endorsements, and that the company’s money is better used to create great products people love. Tesla, instead, has excelled at word-of-mouth advertising. Owners just buy Tesla cars, use them, enjoy them, and share their experiences with others.
“The balance of power is shifting toward the consumer and away from companies…The right way to respond to this is to put the vast majority of your energy, attention, and dollars into building a great product or service and put a smaller amount into shouting about it, marketing it.”
No CX Amnesty
Customers have become more less forgiving since the pandemic.
- Overall customer satisfaction has now dropped to its lowest level in 15 years
- 80% will go to a competitor after more than one bad customer service experience
- 48% of Americans would rather go to the dentist than call customer support
Top CX Companies have a 500% greater ROI than Stock Market
A company’s customer experience plays a major role in how effectively it can weather a recession. Over the past 15 years, the stock performance of the top-scoring customer satisfaction companies had a return almost five times greater than the S&P 500.
Stop Chasing New Customers and Focus on Retaining Existing
- It is 5 to 25 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep a current one.
- 83% of customers no longer trust brands or advertising.
- An estimated $41 billion is lost by U.S. companies alone each year due to poor customer service.
- Customers who feel an emotional connection with a brand have a 306% higher lifetime value and will recommend that brand 26% more than the average.
- 94% say an online review has convinced them to avoid a business and 4/5 consumers have changed their minds about a recommended purchase after reading a negative online review.
Get Your Masters in Customer Experience
We are now accepting applications for the 2022 Customer Xperience Executive Academy (CXEA). With the need for rapid growth of the CXO position in businesses today, the CXEA uses the same methodology The DiJulius Group has used consulting the best customer service organizations all over the world. The CXEA is a 12-month part-time intense program. Training will occur in the classroom (quarterly) and virtually.
Episode 054: “The Experience Maker” with Dan Gingiss
The DiJulius Group Senior Customer Experience Consultant, Dave Murray talks with international keynote speaker and customer experience coach Dan Gingiss about some great insights from his upcoming book, The Experience Maker, as well as about how to create an experience that people want to share. Dan is keynoting at this year’s Customer Service Revolution on Oct 5th-6th. Listen to Podcast 54.
Dan Gingiss new book, The Experience Maker: How to Create Remarkable Experiences That Your Customers Can’t Wait to Share, has officially launched and is available.
Join us in Cleveland or Virtually
this October 5th & 6th!
The 2021 Customer Service Revolution conference, October 5th & 6th in Cleveland, is a passionate community of leaders from all over the world, set out to disrupt their industries and become the brand customers and employees cannot live without. Whether you are B2B or B2C, you are all really H2H, Human to Human.
Our Incredible Lineup of Speakers for the and their Topics
- Scott Blanchard, President, The Ken Blanchard Companies – The Art and New Science of Leadership
- John DiJulius, Chief Revolution Officer – CX Strong
- Dan Gingiss, Author – How A Remarkable Customer Experience Can Be Your Best Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Johnny Jennings, Chief of Police Charlotte – Transforming an Organization into a Customer-Focused Culture
- Ron Lovett, Author – Outrageous Employee Empowerment
- Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, CEO Celebrity Cruise Lines – Revolutionizing an Industry Through Inspired Hospitality | Service Excellence with a Purpose
- Jack Mackey, Sales Expert – You can Market all you like, but people Believe what they Experience
- Scott McKain, Author – The Ultimate Customer Experience: Delivering What Customers Really Want
- Alden Mills, Former Navy Seal – Build Unstoppable Teams: 4 Essential Actions of High-Performance Leadership
- Dave Murray, Senior CX Consultant – A Key to Customer Service Consistency
- Jess Pischel, CX Consultant – Retain your Top Talent in an Employee Market
- Mike Rayburn, Musician – What if?
- DJ Santiago, Author – Believing in Your Dreams
Register today and secure your spot before seats sell out. Don’t feel comfortable traveling? Check out our virtual ticket option to enjoy the show from wherever you are!