In case you missed it – The 8 most popular eServices of 2014 were the following. (I suggest printing them out, reading and sharing them with your management team.)
1. The 9 things your Customers do not want to hear – The majority of employees at most businesses uses these phrases. Make sure they are not being said by anyone at your organization. The 9 things your Customers do not want to hear
2. 10 stories how “policy” will kill brand loyalty – Customers hate hearing the words, “Our policy is…” and even worse, employees love to use it as a crutch. Remove ‘Policy’ from your company’s vocabulary. 10 stories how “policy” will kill brand loyalty
3. How can you be the company your Customers cannot live without? The more people you can make feel like they cannot live without your brand, the closer you are to making price irrelevant. How can you be the company your Customers cannot live without?
4. Call Centers are dead – Often the contact/call center is the only interaction Customers ever have with companies, which would then make sense that organizations should ensure they have an incredible experience. Unfortunately, that is typically not the case. Call Centers are dead
5. 5 steps to a successful Customer service initiative – Every company is guilty of having a bunch of great ideas and incredible initiatives born in a meeting room only to eventually fizzle out and die, leaving the management team frustrated and cynical and the employees skeptical about what is the next program of the year, flavor of the month, or management by best seller. 5 steps to a successful Customer service initiative
6. Can you really make price irrelevant? I love the phrase Making Price Irrelevant, especially because it sparks conversation and debate. Is it possible to actually make price irrelevant? Absolutely! Can you really make price irrelevant?
7. Give it away and they will pay later – The word “freemium” is a combination of the words “free” and “premium.” It is a business practice in which you give your product or service away at first, grow an extremely large Customer base that eventually can’t live without you. Give it away and they will pay later
8. The best ideas from the top Customer service thought leaders – over two days, more than a dozen of the top Customer service experts shared their brilliance at the 2014 Secret Service Summit. The best ideas from the top Customer service thought leaders
#1 Best-Seller! This past Tuesday marked the official launch of my third book, The Customer Service Revolution! I would like to thank you all for your overwhelming support. It didn’t even take 24 hours for the book to hit the #1 ranking for Customer Service books, as well as Marketing & Sales, on Amazon!