1. Feature Article
You Will Never Out-Sell High Customer Attrition
By John DiJulius, Chief Revolution Officer
There is only one thing that I care more about professionally than customer experience and that is the return on experience (ROX). An investment in customer experience is worthless to any company’s C-Suite unless you can demonstrate the impact it can have on key performance indicators, such as such as an increase in sales, a reduction of advertising, less customer complaints, higher client retention, improved employee morale, and higher profitability.
Jim Bennett is the founder of Team Bennett, a franchisee of Worldwide Express (WWX). In a heavily competitive industry, WWX is one of the leading logistical transportation companies throughout the US. Before The DiJulius Group ever started working with WWX, Jim had already built an extremely successful business. However, they had a serious issue. “There was a key point in time, where we hit about $80 million in sales, and we were growing fast, but we couldn’t grow because our customer attrition rate was so high. We had 19% customer attrition per year. We just couldn’t outgrow it,” said Bennett.
Worldwide Express Increases Annual Sales From $80 million to $120 million
That is when he decided to make the Customer Experience they deliver their #1 priority and hired The DiJulius Group. Bennett explained, “I turned to every single person in my company and said, ‘We are committing to a three-year program because that has to be the difference between us and the other ten thousand people who are out there selling to our customer.’ Within 18 months, our customer attrition rate went from 19% to 3%. Our sales went from $80 million to $120 million.”
How WWX went from 19% to 3% Customer Attrition
- Promoted Audrey Derksen-Parisi to their Chief Xperience Officer and made her responsible for the overall success of the CX Project.
- Created and launched their Customer Service Vision statement, Pillars, Day in the Life of a Customer video, and Never & Always company wide.
- Identified their service defects that were causing customer defection, improved their Operations Management processes, and strengthened their Service Recovery steps to assure clients they were a Zero Risk company to do business with.
- Introduced non-negotiable experiential standards to significantly improve the experience each client was having at every touchpoint.
- Trained all their customer facing employees on how to build stronger customer relationships that dramatically increased customer loyalty.
- Created Key Performance Indicators to track and hold all employees and leaders accountable to the success of this project.
Jim Bennett proved, with executive sponsorship, how the customer experience your organization delivers can be your single biggest competitive advantage.
2. Best Practice I Want to Share
So I started reading books differently. Not sure what this says about me—good or bad. But as I listen to them on audio, I read them at the same time. My retention has increased by a significant margin. For someone like me, who is easily distracted, this has helped me to concentrate and focus. I am loving this and enjoying the books more than ever.
3. Short Video You Need To Watch & Share With Your Team
Check out this short video on why you cannot miss this year’s virtual Customer Service Revolution.
4. Jesse Itzler Speaking at The 2020 Customer Service Revolution
The DiJulius Group is thrilled to announce that Jesse Itzler will be speaking at this year’s virtual Customer Service Revolution. The author of the New York Times bestseller, Living with a Seal, co-founded Marquis Jet, the world’s largest private jet card company, Itzler is also the Co-Owner of the Atlanta Hawks. He is married to Spanx founder Sara Blakely.
One of the biggest regrets we can ever have is not living up to our true potential. The good news is, it’s preventable. Jesse Itzler takes us on a humorous ride that spans business, wellness and mindset. At the end, you will walk away with actionable steps to help you start over indexing in the key buckets of your life.
5. Newest Episode of The Customer Service Revolution Podcast
In this episode the tables are turned. Speaker, author and leadership expert Neen James is the one who interviews John DiJulius, The DiJulius Group’s Chief Revolution Officer about his journey, struggles & obstacles, to building three successful businesses and how he built a world-wide Customer Service Revolution.
In this episode you will learn:
- How The Customer Service Revolution got started
- The key reasons that prevents companies from delivering exceptional customer service
- How the compound effect applies to customer service
- How customer service is not a short-term play
- How & who helped John overcome his childhood struggles
- Why John dislikes the phrase, “I gave my best”
- How to build employee loyalty and rally them around a vision
- What the most important thing we can all collect
- Who inspires John
- What is the best advice John has ever heard
- Why The DiJulius Group only focuses on customer service and no other areas
- What is the future of customer experience
6. Resource to Help Take Your Customer Experience to the Next Level
The 2020 Virtual Customer Service Revolution is every Thursday afternoon in October (1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, & 29th) from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST. We realize, given the current climate, that this might be the most critical conference we have ever put on. That is why we have selected the most amazing, diversified group of experts in all areas of business, motivation, mental health, and physical wellness to ensure you and your team can Reimagine…Revolutionize your current and future state both personally and professionally.